Monday, April 23, 2012

It's Monday. Manage your mood. 

 "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.
Teaching us that denying worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world." Titus 2:11-12


Monday Madness - I don't know what it is about Mondays, but Lord knows most people are in a horrible mood. For many pastors, like myself, it is technically our "day off" and yet I find myself battling with keeping my mood in its proper place.  Most Mondays I want the word "off" to mean excused from everything, including and especially my private devotional time with God. (Can you believe a woman of the cloth would confess that?)

Yes, I said it.  Mondays are hard on everyone which is all the more reason why I can't take the day off from the one thing that keeps me righteous and godly in this present world. There are angry store employees, angry customer service representatives, angry bank employees, etc. that I have to deal with on any given Monday.  Somebody has to be sober minded.  It may as well be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment